Keep dancing from the comfort of your own home!
Flourish Online is our brand new online learning platform created to keep your dancer moving and connected to their peers and mentors.
Stay strong and keep flourishing with us throughout the shutdown!
Teachers you know and love
Trust that your dancer is getting the same great instruction and direct feedback from the people they have come to know and love.
Classes are taken in real time and the instructors are able to see the dancers and provide critiques as if they were together in the same classroom.
A community connection
It has never been just about the dancing – it’s also about the community.
Keep your dancer connected to something consistent throughout the extended shutdown. Our platform allows your dancer to interact with their friends and mentors, see smiles on everyone’s faces, and getting encouragement when times are tough.
Stay strong during the shutdown
Continuing dance lessons throughout the shutdown not only benefits your dancer’s physical and emotional health, but it also helps them maintain and grow their technique!
Let’s keep dancing and emerge strong and confident on the other side of this!
- Click the “Register” button.
- Sign in or create an account in our online registration system.
- Select your classes in the “2019-2020” season.
You will receive an email with details on how to access your online classes or you can view the rest of the FAQ below.
- Internet connected phone, tablet, or computer w/webcam. Wifi is preferred over cell data.
- Space to move! 8’x8′ is perfect. Make sure any tripping hazards or breakables are moved out of the way.
- Comfortable clothes to move in. Full dress code is not required, but the instructor still needs to see your dancer’s placement and movement.
- An open mind!
- Login to your parent portal.
- On the home screen, you will see your class schedule for the day and little blue camera icons next to the class.
- Click the camera icon to be taken directly to your online class.
- The browser will prompt you to “Launch Zoom Meetings”. Click launch.
If this is your first time taking an online class, your browser will prompt you to download a small file. Hit accept and install. It is recommended you do this prior to the start of class so you are not delayed logging in.
I don’t remember my password
- Click “Forgot Your Password?” to receive a link to reset your password.
The instructor is small on my screen, how do I make them bigger?
- On the top right of your Zoom screen, there is an icon that says “Gallery View”. Click it to switch to “Speaker View”.
- Next, click on your instructor to bring up a menu and select “Pin Video”.
I logged in but I don’t hear anything
- In the bottom left of your Zoom screen is a microphone. Click that and select “Join by device audio”
My video isn’t working
- In the bottom left of your Zoom screen is a camera. Click that and select start video.
I don’t want to show a video of my dancer
- No worries! While sharing your video is helpful for the instructors providing feedback, you may turn off your camera at any time.
- Login early. Just like an in-person class, be ready to begin class on time.
- Try to keep your microphone muted unless answering questions to minimize audio feedback.
- Stay focused. While we are at home, it may be easy to get distracted by toys or other people. Do your best to stay focused and engaged with the class.
- HAVE FUN!
Parents / Family
- Encourage your dancer. These difficult times wear on them more than we may know. They may also be nervous about taking class in a new format. This is an essential outlet for them and they need our encouragement and support.
- Try to minimize interruptions and background noise. Most microphones these days are very sensitive and pick up background noise very easily. This can be disruptive to the whole class.